Software for efficient budgeting and transparent financial planning
Place your trust in software that is not beholden to a particular industry but rather covers all aspects of business planning. Say goodbye to traditional planning systems that are based mainly on Excel spreadsheets and non-standardized data, and lay the foundations for professional financial controlling that includes transparent budget planning and integrated financial planning.
LucaNet’s planning software earned top rankings in BARC The Planning Survey and particularly impressed judges in the categories of data transfer, user friendliness, and performance categories. Because it’s based on a standardized system, LucaNet puts you in a position to automate your budget and financial planning processes and manage these in a flexible way.
Here’s what financial planning software should be able to do
Software for integrated financial planning must meet a range of specific requirements.
- Dynamic planning on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Definition of planning periods of any length of time
- Predefined planning forms including business logic
- Sub-plans at the cost center and/or cost unit level
- Excel integration for transferring planning data
- Automatic, rules-based derivation of integrated business planning (P&L, balance sheet, liquidity)
- Representation of direct liquidity planning
- Planned transition of actual stocks
- Scenarios and forecasts
- Graphical comparisons and diagrams
- Management cockpit
Do you require assistance choosing the right financial planning software? Just download our catalog free of charge.
How LucaNet makes your financial and budget planning easier
LucaNet helps users to develop detailed, planned time series using a range of forecast wizards.
Along with operational planning aspects in your profit and loss statements, such as sales, project, and HR planning, you can also generate detailed plans for your budgeting, such as an investment and borrowing plan.
LucaNet takes information from upstream databases such as financial accounting, HR, and CRM systems as its basis. LucaNet offers interfaces that are immediately usable and standardized for around 200 source systems, and that can be easily modified or extended when necessary.
LucaNet automatically calculates the effects on your profit and loss statement, balance sheet, and liquidity based on your budget planning. The parameters for the automated generation of integrated financial planning incl. direct liquidity planning are defined in accounting rules and payment modalities.
The data model behind LucaNet software has been tested in accordance with the IDW PS 880 auditing standard, with evaluations of P&L, balance sheet, cashflow, etc. and always remains internally consistent and valid.
Scenarios and (rolling) projections can be derived on the basis of existing planning. These can be contrasted against each other and evaluated using display options.
Bidirectional MS Excel integration with LucaNet guarantees users additional flexibility, whether with planning or with report preparation. If a consolidated view is needed within the context of a group, the LucaNet solution for financial planning can be expanded in a way that’s flexible using the LucaNet solution for consolidated financial statements.
Your pathway to success in planning
Only LucaNet simplifies complexity
Set-up of a new planning variation
- Planning variations are mapped on planning data levels.
- An unlimited number of planning data levels can be set up for budgets, forecasts, and scenarios and then juxtaposed in comparison views.
- The planning period is freely configurable.
Loan planning using an integrated app
- A wizard is also available for the planning of (intercompany) loans.
- The data relating to the loan (amount, repayment, interest, charges, etc.) can be entered in a clearly laid-out form.
- All accounting entries resulting from the loan are calculated and posted automatically.
- You will receive a transparent overview that covers the entire loan term (and not only the current planning period).
Transition into balance sheet and liquidity planning
- The planning balance sheet and planning cash flow statement used for planning are fully automated on the basis of payment modalities and accounting rules and are derived from the planning (expenses, income, and capital expenditure) in real time.
- Accounting rules are the centerpiece of the integrated financial planning in LucaNet.
- All accounting rules can easily be retrieved and adopted in all subsequent planning processes.
Transparent planning process
- The drill-down function is also available throughout the planning process, from group level to company level all the way down to the relevant planning document - this function is available in all structures, e.g. direct liquidity planning.
- Comments and descriptions can be added to each planning. Different file types (in e-mail format, PDF, Excel files, etc.) can be uploaded easily.
Comparison and commenting of planning variations
- The different planning variations (budget, forecasts, scenarios) can be compared and analyzed in freely configurable display modes.
- Difference columns with sparklines, a traffic light function, and a commenting function are also available.
- A comment can be added to each individual value or difference.